28.11.10

Achso. 


Life in Switzerland is immer noch schön. The thing now is that it's turning into life, and not vacation. This is the adjustment stage. I've so far been amazed by all of the new wonders of the Swiss culture, but now they're becoming a bit more familiar, and slowly being integrated into my head. Zum Beispiel, I blew my nose in class, in front of everyone (sorry mom!). That's a totally normal thing here, and most definitely not in America. However I did it because when in Rome do as the Italians. It's funny how fast people can adapt. Anyways, Switzerland and I are out of the honeymoon stage but we still love eachother madly. 


Here's what's been going on in my life... 


IT SNOWED! Everything is white and beautiful and cold. It's a real live winter! I love it! I made a snow angel in the middle of my schools soccer field, it was amazing! But I didn't realize that you got wet when you played it the snow. (Someone said it had something to do with it being made out of water). 


I saw Harry Potter. I'm so mad. WHY IS THERE TWO PARTS TO THIS MOVIE?I CAN'T WAIT THIS LONG. Good news is that I understood all of it. I'm currently on the 2nd book in German, which is basically what I do in school :) 


I ate Ben & Jerry's! Cookie dough to be exact. 


I made a pumpkin pie! AND IT WAS EDIBLE. Nobody here really understands thanksgiving, but they did enjoy the pie. They don't get how all we do is eat on the holiday. HELLO? IT'S FOOD. 


I find it's getting harder for me to boil my life into details because everything isn't as exciting. Don't get me wrong, I love it here, and I'm having the best time of my life. I just can't get all woop die blue blah when I am so used to it. Things here are almost normal. 


I'll tell you one thing though, I miss my friends like crazy. Swiss people are known to have a hard shell, and this has truth to it. I'm trying to break through there coconut shells, but I know you can't just do it with one strike. Persistence persistence persistence. 




Und gemeinsam gingen sie durch das Tor zurück in die Muggelwelt...



1 comment:

  1. I figured out how to see your blog and realised how much I've missed. Damn it !
    I simply have no excuse. I only wish I knew how to compute with my pad. I got it on my birthday just to privatly connect with you. Why didn't I take more time to really really get on board. I really believed that your Christmas blog was it. Moran is me is moron.

    ReplyDelete